According to the National Cancer Institute, one third of all cancer fatalities were brought on by poor diet. Anything that you consume will surely manifest in your organs. Unhealthy foods which are part of your daily routine can damage you in the future. Most importantly if you are not doing something to slow down from it. Many cancer-causing foods at the moment are available everywhere. Preservatives in food are one of the major causes for cancer to occur.
If you’re the type of person who eats the same food every day, you’ve to be aware now. Improper habits such as consuming junk food, drinking, cigarette smoking and not participating in physical activities which includes running or at least walking could be unhealthy and can bring about other illnesses aside from cancer.
You’ve to know that you will find numerous ways to eat well. You will find other foods you may try and pursuits you may learn to keep your body healthy. Below are fruit and veggies you might want to consume before cancer attacks your cells.
1. Avocados – a fruit rich in glutathione with a powerful antioxidant that assaults free radicals within the body. It helps your body block the absorption of fats. They even supply more potassium than bananas and are in fact, a substantial source of beta-carotene. Experts believe that it’s also beneficial in the treatment of viral hepatitis which is the main reason behind liver cancer.
2. Papayas – a fruit that’s abundant in vitamin C. Its vitamin C content works as an antioxidant that could also greatly reduce the risk of getting cancer. Papayas also contain folacin or commonly known as folic acid which is believed to be a good agent in reducing cervical dysplasia and cancer in the cervix, breast, liver and lungs. Extra knowledge: Papaya leaf extracts help boost production of Th1 type cytokines that are very significant for the immune system.
3. Raspberries – a fruit which contains many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants known as anthocyanins – a great substance that prevents cancer. Research shows that black raspberries can prevent colon cancer. Black raspberries are even known to have more cancer-preventing properties than that of other berries which includes strawberries and blueberries.
1. Broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower – these vegetables are full of indole-3 carbinol which is very beneficial in protecting against breast cancer. That being said, broccoli especially sprouts have phytochemical sulforaphane which is considered to be a preventing aid against colon and rectal cancer.
2. Carrots – being an abundant source of beta-carotene, carrots are helpful aids in preventing types of cancer such as lung, mouth, throat, stomach and intestine, bladder, prostate and breast. While there may be some studies from certain cancer treatment centers which state that beta carotene causes cancer, but this hasn’t been accepted yet and no further research has been made.
3. Garlic – is an immune-enhancing vegetable that battles cancer. Garlic also has an element which makes its way into the cells that can slow down tumor development. Research has linked that garlic and onion helps one individual decrease the risk of getting colon and stomach cancer.
Cancer treatment centers everywhere have continuously been advising every non-cancer and cancer patients to be aware of what they’re ingesting. Whatever you eat will always manifest to the kind of health you’ve. There are even a lot of good books about these, but for the meantime, you have to take note that today should be the beginning of a new you. Take care of yourself so you can enjoy your life even longer. Eat healthy and live healthy. Happy eating!